In the age of digital teaching, there are many questions. How do I engage students while meeting their individual needs? How do I hold them accountable and keep a personal connection? Beyond the Brick and Mortar takes teachers on a learning path with one goal: answer the common questions about how to move beyond the traditional learning environment and into a digital, blended space that addresses the needs of all student learners. Learners will experience several different approaches and tools including Digital Interactive Notebooks, choice boards, and interactive student work products as well as walk away with templates and examples they can use to create their own lessons. You might take this course because you have to, but then you will realize it completely changes the way you teach in the future.
This course earns 12 credit hours.
G/T Credit: This course addresses several Learning Standards from the National Association for Gifted Children. We recommend this course to satisfy up to 6-hrs of G/T maintenance hours.
- Gifted education standards and recommendations addressed in the course:
- Design modifications that enhance creativity, acceleration, depth and complexity in academic domains
- Application of higher-level thinking and metacognitive models to content areas;
- Curricular, instructional, and management strategies effective for individuals with G/T;
- Use of product- or performance-based measures of academic progress (NAGC 2.4.2);
- Use of differentiated formative assessments to develop learning experiences that challenge G/T students (NAGC 2.4.1)
Design of differentiated curriculum that incorporates advanced, conceptually challenging, in-depth, complex content (NAGC 3.1.4)
You take this course because you have to, but then you realize it completely changes the way you will teach in the future.